This page explains the terms and conditions for using our ONLINE EXPRESS Internet Home Banking Service and provides certain disclosures and information to you concerning the service. Each of your accounts at Proctor Federal Credit Union is also governed by the applicable account disclosure/agreement and Truth In Savings disclosure you received when you opened your account.
How To Access Your Accounts:
To access your accounts through our online service, you must have your account number and a password.
The password that is used to gain access to your information should be kept confidential, just as you would keep other PIN numbers and security codes confidential. For your protection we recommend that you change your access password regularly. It is recommended that you memorize this password and do not write it down. You are responsible for keeping your password, account numbers and other account data confidential. If you believe that your password may have been lost or stolen, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money between your accounts without your permission, notify Proctor Federal Credit Union at once at 218-624-5761.
You cannot use E-mail to initiate transactions, change information or inquire on your account(s). We will not respond to these types of requests via E-mail since we cannot be certain we are corresponding with you. Please use the appropriate functions within our online service, call 218-624-5761 or visit the credit union for these functions.
There is currently no fee for accessing your account(s) through our service. We reserve the right to impose / change the fee amount, if necessary, after providing 30 days notice to all users at the home banking login page and/or e-mail address.
Your internet service provider (ISP) may charge you a fee to access the internet via its server. We have no control over ISP related fees.
Available Services and Limitations:
The following functions may be performed by members through the service:
- Transfers: You may transfer funds between your Share or Loan Accounts as the account agreements may allow. Transfers done through the service immediately charge or credit your account.
- Account balances: You may view your share and loan account balances. There may be drafts written against your balance, or other electronic items such as debit card transactions, that have not yet been presented to the credit union for payment.
- Transaction history: You may view the transaction history for any loan or share account. The main credit union computer system is always the official record of account history.
- Password Changes: If you are a service user, you may change your password at any time from within the home banking section. For your protection we recommend that you change your access password regularly.
- Check orders: You may reorder checks and/or view and order new check styles available through the credit union. We will not process check order requests if you do not have a checking account at the credit union.
- Transaction search: You may search for drafts and other transactions that have cleared your account. The oldest transaction available will vary but dates will go back, at a minimum, to your last regular statement date.
- Additional Services: From time to time, we will announce additional services, which are available through the service. Your use of these services will constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions presented at the time they are announced. If you cease to use online Express for 90 consecutive days, your access may be terminated.We reserve the right to limit access or cancel on-line access at any time.
Our home banking database is a private system operated for the exclusive use of our members. We use SSL encryption and digital server authentication to insure the privacy of your information when sending data between our server and your PC.
The server logs all logins. For authenticated members who use this service, we collect and store certain information such as how often you visit the home banking section, dates and times of visits and which pages are being used. We use this information for internal review and product evaluation only. We never sell, transfer or trade this information unless we are compelled to do so by law.
We may gather and store additional information available to us on failed login attempts and other activity we consider a threat to our system. In these cases, we will share this information with other companies, agencies and law enforcement officials as we see fit.
Liability for Unauthorized Transfers:
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your password has been lost or stolen and immediately change your password from within the system. Calling is the best way to notify us immediately. You could lose all the money in your account. If you tell us within two (2) business days, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your password without your permission.
If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your password without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If you believe your password has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call:
Proctor Federal Credit Union
410 2nd Avenue
Proctor, MN 55810
All transactions generated by you through this service and any home banking fees will appear on your monthly or quarterly statement.
Your monthly or quarterly statements will be available only via ONLINE EXPRESS. You will NOT receive a statement by mail.
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement/disclosure with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer, if any funds in your accounts necessary to complete the transaction are held as uncollected funds pursuant to our Funds Availability Policy, or if the transaction involves a loan request exceeding your credit limit;
- If the home banking equipment or software was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer;
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- If your account is subject to legal process or other claim;
- If we have reason to believe that you or someone else is using the home banking system for fraudulent or illegal purposes.
We shall not be responsible for any other loss, damage or injury whether caused by the equipment, software and/or the home banking service, nor shall we be responsible for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising in any way out of the installation, use or maintenance of your equipment, software and/or service, except where the law requires a different standard. We do not make any warranties concerning the equipment, the software or any part thereof, including, without limitations, any warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or warranties of merchantability.
Errors and Questions:
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, telephone us or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this disclosure as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after you learn of the error. You will need to tell us:
- Your name and account number;
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information;
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days. We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10) business days and correct any error promptly. If we need more time, we may take up to forty-five (45) days to investigate the complaint, but you will have the use of the funds in question after the ten (10) business days. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your account during the investigation.
If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three (3) business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
If you need more information about our error resolution procedures, call us at the telephone number shown above.