Eligibility for membership with PFCU
- You live, work, worship, attend school or have an immediate family member who lives, works, worships or attends school in Hermantown, Duluth or the Proctor School District.
- You have an immediate family member who belongs to PFCU. Immediate family is: spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild; also includes stepparents, stepchildren, stepsibling and adoptive relationships.
- You have an immediate family member who is eligible to belong to PFCU
- You are the widow or widower of a person who passed away while a PFCU member
Documents required when applying for membership
- A valid U.S. government issued photo ID including drivers license, passport, military ID
- Proof of current address--if your ID address does not match the address provided to the credit union, a piece of official mail addressed and delivered to the current address is required
- Social Security Number (or EIN)
- $25 minimum deposit for members age 18 and older
- $5 minimum deposit for Young Investors under age 18
- All Young Investors must have a joint owner who is age 18 or older
- Business, Organization, Payee, Trust, and Estate Accounts – contact Member Services for document requirements
The USA Patriot Act was established to help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities. Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person or entity who opens an account. We are required to obtain your name, address, date of birth, social security number (EIN), photo ID and other information or documents that identify you or your entity. We may require additional information about you or your entity at the time of application. We may also verify your identity through a credit report or other electronic verification system.